Welcome to participate in the competitions of ICFHR2016. Please visit the competition URLs for details.
1. ICFHR2016 Competition on the Classification of Medieval Handwritings in Latin Script
2. ICFHR2016 Competition on Analysis of Handwritten Text in Images of Balinese Palm Leaf Manuscripts
Jean-Christophe Burie, Jean-Marc Ogier, Mickael Coustaty, Made Windu Antara
Kesiman, Setiawan Hadi, Erick Paulus, Kimheng Sok, Dona Valy, I Made Gede
3. ICFHR2016 Competition on Arabic Online Text Recognition using Online-KHATT Database
4. ICFHR2016 Competition on Multi-script Writer Demographics Classification Using "QUWI" Database
5. ICFHR2016 Competition on Recognition of Handwritten Mathematical Expressions (CROHME2016)
6. ICFHR2016 Handwritten Keyword Spotting Competition (H-KWS 2016)
Basilis Gatos, Ioannis Pratikakis, Joan Puigcerver, Alejandro H. Toselli,
Enrique Vidal, Konstantinos Zagoris
7. ICFHR2016 Handwritten Document Image Binarization Competition (H-DIBCO 2016)
8. ICFHR2016 Competition on Local Attribute Detection for Improving Handwriting Recognition
Reid, Michael Murdock, Jack Reese, Blaine Hamilton
9. ICFHR2016 Competition on Handwritten Text Recognition on the READ Dataset
Call for Competition Proposals (past)
The ICFHR2016 Organizing Committee invites proposals for competitions to be held within the framework of the Conference. Competitions should aim at evaluating the performance of individual methods and systems related to different tasks in handwriting recognition.
Proposals must contain the following information:
1. A brief description of the competition, including which is the particular task under evaluation and why this competition could be of interest to the ICFHR community. If a similar competition has been held in a previous edition of ICFHR, the novel additions of the proposed one must be clearly explained.
2. A draft of the outline of the competition describing which data is planned to be used (and how it will be made publicly available), how will the submitted methods be evaluated and which performance measures will be used.
The names, contact information, and brief CVs of the competition
organizers, outlining previous experience in performance evaluation and/or
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the ICFHR2016 Competitions Chairs:
Apostolos Antonacopoulos (A.Antonacopoulos@primaresearch.org)
Volker Märgner (Maergner@ifn.ing.tu-bs.de)
The following rules will apply to the accepted competitions:
All competitions must run well in advance of the conference.
15 January 2016: Submission of competition proposals.
08 February 2016: Notification of acceptance.
22 February 2016: Competitions published on ICFHR2016 website and open to participants.
01 July 2016: Deadline for submission for review of full papers describing the competitions. Papers must be sent directly to the Competitions Chairs.
15 August 2016: Accepted camera-ready papers reporting on the competitions for inclusion in the proceedings.